Canopy Manage Automations can be triggered from four base event-types:
- Asset (can trigger the automation on individual assets, all assets in particular groups, all assets of one or more particular types, all assets from particular providers/probes):
- Discovered (A new asset is discovered)
- Property Changed
- Will Expire (an asset is about to expire)
- State Changed (going to online or offline)
- Asset Health Warning Received
- Asset Health Warning Cleared
- Custom Actions (can select specific custom actions):
- A once off date in the future (the automation will be deleted once it's ran)
- On a schedule (Hourly, Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Yearly)
- A probe goes online or offline
- a plugin is installed, updated, or uninstalled.
Finally once an Automation is triggered Canopy Manage can either call another Custom Action or a communication Connector to notify users that something has happened.
Some Use Cases
- A Canopy Manage Probe goes offline so email Operations so they can investigate
- Call your existing scripts via a Custom Action, once a week, to archive some logs and report back on the space savings.
- An asset is about to Expire so send a message via Microsoft Teams so the infrastructure team can deal with it.
- A Custom Action was started and Team Leaders wish to keep track of it.