This article will outline how to successfully install a Canopy Manage Probe for Windows.
- Locate a machine or create a new VM to install your Canopy Manage Probe - This machine will need to be a Windows machine, preferably with Windows 10 on it.
- Remote into your new probe machine
- Download canopyprobe.exe from http://downloads.canopytools.com/probe/canopyProbe.exe onto the new probe machine.
- Open a command prompt (Go to the search bar in Windows 10 and type cmd, click on the command prompt application that is displayed)
- Run this installer (for example C:\temp\canopyprobe.exe). The installer will attempt to install to a directory in the root of c drive. This is required and expected.
- At Step 2 of the Probe Installer you'll need to go back to Canopy Manage to get the URL needed. Leave this window open and proceed to the next step of this guide.
- Log into Canopy Manage and go to the Probe section, by clicking the Probes icon on the left-hand side navigation bar.
- Click on the register probe button in the top right corner.
- You will be presented with the below screen, copy the URL in the Windows Installer tab.
- Go back to the Canopy Manage Probe Installer from Step 6 of this guide and paste the URL there.
- Complete the installer wizard.
As the Installer finishes, a new console window will pop up attempting to register the probe with Canopy Manage.
If the Installer couldn't successfully register the probe automatically you'll need to register it on the command line. Open a command prompt to C:/CanopyProbe and run the command given by Canopy Manage in Register Probe screen as above from the Windows (CLI) tab:
- Once the probe software has finished registering on the probe computer it will be necessary to start the probe service. Open the Windows Services Management Console by searching "services" in the Start menu and finding the Canopy Manage Probe and starting it.
- Go back to Canopy Manage, you should see a new probe listed with a green circle next to it. Click on the name of the probe to be shown its plugins.