This article will outline how to navigate to, and create a Custom Action. As well as how to edit or delete these Custom Actions.
Navigating and Creating
To create a Custom Action:
- Log into Canopy Manage - ct4.canopytools.com
- Navigate to the settings menu by selecting the cog icon located near the bottom left.
- Click Custom Actions in the settings sidebar.
- Near the top right of the window click New Custom Action.
Create Custom Action
- Name - The name of the custom action, it should be unique.
- Description - A simple description of the custom action.
- Key - Unique key to identify your custom action. This key is also used in the Custom Action Template to decide which custom script to call. See Set Up - Custom Action Template for more details.
- Category - Group your custom actions using this field.
- Field Scheme - This allows you to add an Action or Custom Actions you have created.
- Connector - The Connector that Canopy Manage will use to start your custom action. This is the Azure Queue, Topic, or Webhook that your custom action will listen to. Using our Custom Action Template though, choose a Service Bus Queue type Connector.
- Roles - Define the User Roles that are allowed to run this.
- Asset types - An option to associate it with an Asset.
- Help URL - A URL pointing to support documentation under your control that users can click to get help on the custom action.
Editing or Deleting a Custom Action
To edit or delete a Custom Action:
- Return to Custom Actions in settings.
- Find the Custom Action you want to edit.
- Mouse over the Custom Action on the right side of the row.
- Click the three dots to open a drop-down menu as shown below.
Modifying the custom action brings up the same windows as creating one does.
Custom Action Template
We have created a Custom Action Template to make it easier for end-users to call their own scripts via Canopy Custom Actions. This template can be easily configured to run existing scripts of your choice and post back the results to Canopy.
See Set up - Custom Action Template for more information.